To order, please use our order form. Click here for printable order form.
1. A Modern Arcadia - Frederick Law Olmstead, Jr., and the Plans for
Forest Hills Gardens by Susan L. Klaus, 2002, Hardcover, 208 pp.,
1A. A Modern Arcadia paperback
2. A Peek at Richmond Hill through the Keyhole of Time by William
Krooss, 1977, 59 pp., illus. The life and history of the Richmond Hill
3. Blizzard! The Great Storm of '88 (1888) by Judd Caplovich,
1987, (hardcover), 242 pp., illus.
4. City Limits-A Social History of Queens by Janet E. Lieberman
and Richard K. Lieberman, 1983, (paperback), 172 pp., illus.
5. The Diary of Mary Cooper - Life on a Long Island Farm 1768-1773
Field Home, ed., 1981, Oyster Bay HistoricalSociety (paperback), 84 pp.,
6. Elmhurst from Town Seat to Mega-Suburb by Vincent Seyfried,
1995, Queens Community Series, (paperback), 156 pp., illus.
7. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Queens-A Book of Trivia
by Patricia S.Weiss & Marjorie Guttman, 1990, QHS, (paperback), 66
8. Flushing: A World of Choices A Guide to the Cultural Resources
of Flushing, Queens. Two-sided paper 25" x 19"
9. Flushing in the Civil War Era - 1837-1865 by Vincent Seyfried,
2001, (paperback), 190 pp., illus
10. Friends (Quaker) Meeting House-Flushing, Long Island by Ann Gidley Lowry. History and architecture of the 1st house of worship in Flushing,.19 pp illus.
10A. Glimpses of Old New York House Museums and Historic Sites,
1999, paperback, 84 pp., illus.
11. Children's Guide to Historic Houses Historic House Trust of
NYC, 2001, paperback 92 pp illus.
12. Kew Gardens - Urban Village in the Big City Barry Lewis, 1999,
paperback, 64 pp., illus.
13. Ship Ablaze: The Tragedy of the Steamboat General Slocum by
Edward T. O'Donnell, 2003, Hardcover 332 pp. illus.
14. A History of College Point New York, Robert A. Hecht, 1978,
(paperback), 149 pp. illus.
15. History of Flushing-Colonial Period through the 1st Half of the
20th Century Famous Men of Flushing and the Quakers.
16. The History of Cypress Hills Cemetery and Its Permanent Residents
by Kurt T. Kraska, 1996, 22 pp., illus.
17. Jackson Heights-A Garden in the City by Daniel Karatzas, 1990,
(paperback), 192 pp., illus. The history of America's first garrden and
cooperative apartment community. Rev.ed. avail. late 1998
17A The Romantic Garden. Lent Homestead by Marion Duckworth, Smith
18 . Jackson Heights from Ice Age to Space Age. Jackson Heights
Beautification Group. A History for Children with illustrations by the
Children of Jackson Heights. 48 pp. (paperback), illus.
19. Discovering Queens by Steve Reichstein, 2000, paperback, 184
20. A Long Island Academy-The Flushing Institute (1845-1901) by
Vincent Seyfried, 1997, (paperback), 168 pp., illus.
21. Long Island City QHS publication (brochure). One of a series
of brochures about historic Queens neighborhoods
22. Long Island Motor Parkway QHS publication, (pamphlet)
23. The Long Island Rail Road in Early Photographs by Ron Ziel,
1990, (paperback), 152 pp., illus.
24. Images of America - College Point by Victor Lederer, 2004,
paperback, 128 pp.illus.
24A Conrad Poppenhusen by James Haas, 2004, paperback, 124 pp.
25. Muster 125 by E.M. Koehler, Jr., (paperback, color photos),
45 pp. Colorful rigs that came to the party for the Fire Department.
26. Needles and Thread-Jewish Life in Suffolk County by Helene
Gerard, 1986, (pamphlet), 8 pp., illus.
27. The New York World's Fair 1939/40 55 photographs by Richard
Wurtis & Others. Selection, arrangement & text by Stanley Appelbaum,
1977, Dover, (paperback), 152 pp., illus.
28. New York (The Suburban City) by Leo Levko, 1985, (paperback),
166 pp., photographs
29. Old Queens, N. Y. in Early Photographs by Vincent Seyfried
and William Asadorian, 1991, (paperback), 175 pp., illus.
30. Of Plates and Purlins: Grandpa Builds a Barn by Elliot H.
Sawyard, 1971, (paperback), 24 pp, illlus
31. Old Woodhaven: A Victorian Village by Barbara W. Stankowski,
ed., 1978, (paperback), 44 pp., illus.
32. Old Rockaway New York in Early Photos by Vincent Seyfriend
and William Asadorian, 2000, Queens Community Series. 176 pp. illus.
33. A Research Guide to the History of the Borough of Queens and Its
Neighborhood by Jon A. Peterson and Vincent Seyfried, ed., 1983, (bound
34. Samuel Parsons Jr. - The Art of Landscape ArchitectureAn illustrated
Monograph by Charles A. Birnbaum, FASLA (paperback), 36 pp.
35. Springfield Remembered by Henry W. Bauman, 1987, (paperback),
69 pp. A child's remembrance of his life and times in Springfield, NY
36. Southside Burial Ground - Ozone Park The Woodhaven Cultural
and Historical Society, 1996, (paperback), 40 pp., illus.
37. The Story of Corona: From Farmland to City Suburb by Vincent
Seyfried, 1987, Queens Community Series, (paperback), 102 pp., illus.
38. The Story of Woodhaven and Ozone Park by Vincent Seyfried,
1991, Queens Community Series, (paperback), 172 pp., illus.
39. 300 Years of Long Island City: 1630-1930 by Vincent Seyfried,
1985 Queens Community Series, (paperback), 188 pp., illus.
40 Toll Lodges of L.I. Motor Parkway by Al Velocci, Hardcover,
176 pp., illus.
41. When We Were Little: Children's Rhymes of Oyster Bay by Mary
Fanny Youngs, intro. by Theodore Roosevelt, illus. by Warwick Robinson,
1985, Oyster Bay Hist. Soc., (hardcover), 73 pp., illus.
42. Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington. Dover. 166 pp. paperback
43. Road to Freedom: Underground Railroad, New York and Beyond.
Paperback. Queens Historical Society. 99 pp. illus.
44. The Story of the Underground Railroad Coloring Book. Peter
Copeland 48 pp. illus.
45. Whatever Happened to Dexter Park? by Henry W. Schramm. Paperback.
157 pp. illus.
46. The Community as Classroom. A Teacher's Manual. Published
by Historic Districts Press. Paperback. 101 pp. illus.
47. N.Y.C. Ghost Stories by Charles J. Adams III. 1996. Exeter
House Books. Paperback. 185 pp. illus.
48. The People Called Quakers: Records of Long Island Friends 1671-1703
Edited by Natalie Naylor. Paperback. 2001. 174 pp. illus.
49. Historic Houses in New York City Parks Historic House Trust
of N.Y.C. 1989. Paperback. 64 pp. illus.
*NEW* 50. Images of America: Richmond Hill by Carl Balenas
and Nancy Cataldi and the Richmond Hill Historical Society. 128 pp. illus.
|Queens Historical Society
Weeping Beech Park
143-135 37th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354
© 2007 Queens Historical Society