The buildings in the church complex being honored with the Queensmark here are the Auditorium, the convent, the church and the rectory. These are all fantastic examples of Art Deco architecture, easily among the best in all of New York City. The construction of the complex was overseen by Monsignor James McMahon during the 1930's, and designed by architects B. Ferrara who did the auditorium, and Henry J. Gill, who did the Church, Convent and Rectory. In 1937, the convent and church received awards for Excellence in Design and Civic Value. Note how on the church tower the bands of masonry material changes from an earthier orange brick at its base, to lighter, more heavenly limestone on top, where four solemn cast stone angels gaze down on the street.
The Auditorium and Convent use a darker brick and are trimmed with cast stone coping and lintels on the parapets and over windows. They are excellent buildings that truly enrich the neighborhood with their lofty and refined architecture.